Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We are the rulers..

We saw a few days back a couple of ministers cars speeding away and the escort police shouting at all the people to give way to the honorable ministers cars to go through. I wonder what makes them do this to us. If it is an ambulance we can understand the nature of emergency. Who are they to demand us to move away so that their cars can break all the rules and fly by??I don’t want to blame the police here for shouting because I think it’s in the minster’s power to decide whether he/she needs such entourage for his travel and whether they need to shout at people or not. They must think themselves so superior to all of us to make us all run to the sides of the road when they make their appearance and stay quietly till his majesty’s cars are gone. They are breaking rules after rules. High speed to begin with, endangering the people around them and their lives. They are making the police escorts to shout at ordinary people and call obscenities if someone dares cross their way. I don’t think the people inside those government cars are not aware of this. If they want to make run ways out of our roads to fly to their destinations let them make private roads with the money they bring from their own home and make it. They can put a board saying – ‘private road and people who enters without permission will be run over by the ministers’ cars’. I hope one day our people should stay on the line and don’t move to the side to let the ministers entourage go by and see what happens. Shoot at sight? May be pretty soon they will start using JCB escorts to take the cars in front of them and crush them if they don’t move.


At least do this flying around after making the roads in a good condition! Give us that much of a crumb, that we could lick our wounds on our egos and stay on the curb while they fly by.

This is the time I guess we miss people like Navab Rajendran to file suit up on suit on whomever who breaks the rule.