Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ready to take off

'Mother, I am old enough to take care of myself, please leave me alone....' how many times this same question might have echoed over the years in almost every home  all over the world???   I was thinking I was helping him, but the accusation is clear and painfully true.
'You never let me wash the dishes or wash my clothes,how hard it was to survive when I stayed a few days with my friend, do you know?' .
I agree, and see the hidden laughter in my husband's eyes, and a 'I told you  sooo'. But then I was trying to explain , you never liked whenever I called you to help me with the chores.  You always asked me, is it a punishment,whenever I asked him to vaccum clean the floor. If I called him to fold the clothes, did it with such a ,long,sad face and always complaining. It drove me mad that I ended up telling him to stop and go,the biggest mistake I did. The mistake that slaps me right on my face after all these years.
But I promised him that I will leave him alone, pretended i did not see him rolling his eyes. He tried  to explain for the hundredth time why he wants me to leave him alone, I said it's okay, I understand. I said i will stay away,but  I will be here anytime he wants to talk, I  will not be calling every morning like alarm clock or tell him what to do how to do everyday things. He didn't believe me but I did it..and feels proud of me for controlling myself like this.
Every day he calls me, tells me the things he feels like sharing and then says 'I love you so much you are the best mom in the whole world'. Which sometimes makes my eyes moist but I am happy knowing, finally my baby is on his own, and doing just fine, without his over bearing mother controlling his every movement,every action :).
Isn't that what I always wanted? Isn't that what every single mother wants?

3 comments:

Reena said...

Yes. Guess who. :)

Meera's World said...

Reenieee!!! Is that uuuuu

Meera's World said...

Reenieee!!! Is that uuuuu