It’s been raining heavily for the past 3 days, and I just love it. Staying inside the house and enjoying rain is good. But when I saw small kids going to school all soaked in rain I felt bad. However, the kids didn’t look like they are feeling miserable. Most of them have a smile pasted on their face even though their bags and uniforms all are soaked in the rain. I asked one of them yesterday if she forgot her umbrella. She said with a smile no, I have it inside the bag! I was worried about their books getting wet but they have no such silly adult’s worries. When my son joined the school in the middle of the school year a class mate let him borrow her books. The same day it was raining heavily and all his books got wet, needless to say the books of that girl became a mess with ink all over. I almost had a heart attack thinking’ what do we do now’!! Thank god, the school people gave copies of all the notes to her and for my son too.
Rainy days were not that bad when I was in school too. Even with the umbrella when the bus comes everybody got soaked in the process of getting inside the bus. But once inside the bus there was a kind of nice warmth coming from all the people around us that made the cold shivering go away. I don’t remember ever being aware of sweating or feeling the body odor coming from others even though the bus was packed with school kids. I think one of the best parts of being a kid is that you are totally ignorant of these things which an adult might consider disgusting.
I told my son how some of us Cotton Hill school kids used to dislike the kids who went to private schools. They always had an air of superiority written on their face like they belonged to some alien planets. And there was this boy who went to Christ Nagar who used to come in our bus. He looked like actor Rehman. He would look perfect in his maroon pants and cream shirt with tie. We used to look at him and he would have eyes only for this girl who goes to Holy Angels School. I must say she was beautiful.
Seeing these kids going to school in the rain took me back to the school days for some time.
2 comments:
Rain is the most sensuous season.It is not only the visual effect,it is that magical combination of the music of rain drops,and the vibes it creates in your mind.It evokes memories in you,long forgotten.
Is there a resentment in your voice?
That the boy used to look only at the girl from Holy Angels?...Joking..nothing serious.
The fondest memories are the earliest ones!!
Hehe,of course there is a lot of resentment in my voice!!I used to hate that boy when he looked at that girl,but if she was not in the bus sometimes i used to get a glance from him;)which made me happy.
Post a Comment