Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Territorial Army

It was my husband’s dream to be in the army and wear the uniform. It came true; he is selected to be in the Territorial Army as a commissioned officer. About a year ago while having one of their serious talks about politics and all things under the sun, my son asked his father, ‘why don’t you try to join the Territorial Army?’
That was a turning point. The paper works started and we faced a series of hurdles at every stage. Then we got the first paper calling to appear for the first level of exams. We were seriously thinking about coming back to India at that time and thought will try to put all together and make use of the situation. We decided to come back in October middle and the exam was at the end of October. Then last month the next letter came for SSB test/interviews etc. After a looooooooooooong almost 2 weeks that seemed like 2 years I heard the good news that he is indeed IN!!I thank God; I am so happy to see him make his dream come true. It was not at all easy but all his hard work paid in the end.
Sometime back there was news about actor Mohan Lal getting honorary title in TA. It’s a good advertisement for TA but I wish he would also tell it’s not easy to get in to TA. Also heard him talk in an interview saying even girls can join TA!!!! This is totally baseless.I wish he would get some more information before giving interviews like this.

No comments: