Saturday, May 16, 2009

Now What?

I am not looking at which party won. I am glad Sasi Tharoor won and Varun.But I didn’t think Sasi Tharoor would get that much votes!Sasi Tharoor seems to be a man of the world rather than a man of the locals. We need people like him with a broad view and ideas . We need a breath of fresh air. Maybe ,I might include rahul; hmmm I think I have to force myself to say this.;)

But I can’t take any more cartoons of Sonia and Man(?) Mohan;) Singh.

14 comments:

Ayyappan said...

Sasi Tharoor is an amazing man. I am happy that he won. In fact, I am very very elated with the results of the election.
Are you talking about Varun Gandhi by any chance?? Are you glad that he won?

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi:)

This looks like a political post. Generally, I don't like to involve myself in political thoughts because it leads to contentious and acrimonious discussions. I have my own strong views on political personalities and political ideologies.

But at the moment it would suffice for me say that I agree with you as far as Sashi Tharoor is concerned. I'm not happy with Varun winning the elections. I'm not sure whether you are for or against Sonia and Manmohan Singh. So I reserve my comments.

Have a lovely day:)
Joseph

Meera's World said...

ys,iam talking about The varun gandhi:).i liked him better than Rahul, before he made the'famous speech'.so,ys,as a young man,who is not afriad to talk,i am glad he won. inbetween,i have no comments:)

Meera's World said...

Hello sir,:)
Everybody has their own views.If i believe in something,and you dont,i shouldnt try to make you come to believe my stand:)
i dont like to talk about politics either,it scares me.But i like certain personalities,thats all.It may be a mix of all the parties,but as i said i am only looking at the person.
Regarding Sonia,no i am not for her. I loved Indira and Rajeev,but not her.

Ayyappan said...

@Meera
You liked Indira And Rajeev?
Pardon me, but I have very strong political opinions and I think the Nehru Gandhi parivaar was hte worst thing that has happened to India. I would have preferred even Jinnah to be our first PM that Nehru.
Same goes for Indira and the her sons and grandsons. People know Rajiv Gandhi as the face of modern India more than Jai Prakash Narain who shaped the Indian democracy.
Every government offices have the pics of Congress Leaders put up.. as if the Congress brought us independence!!

Meera's World said...

well,i agree with you 100%.but as i said,i just like the people:)Indira Gandhi was a person that walked with an attitude which i loved.and Rajiv was handsome;).
other than that nothing else.i dont like the family rule either.they act like they have a right to the throne.in your list i might include Gandhiji too,but not with any less respect for him or not being blind to what he did for us.
but never can i say i would have jinna,not even in my nightmares,i can have him rule;)

Anonymous said...

Hi...
Sashi Tharoor.. understood... Your choice for Varun.. hats off! I thought of the same thing even before he spoke some disputed speech... and after his speech.. i wowed him.. Indra and Rajeev... am not for them.. ok.. Indra had some guts.. but at the same time.. she did work against the interest of people at times... and Rajeev... except for that charm... he wasn't so great except for that telecom revolution...
but am ashamed with the present verdict that.. we may have to meet the same Maran, Balu, Lalu (donno for sure), and many more jokers back to the pavilion...
pity on the country men,,,, that they dont want a change from monotony and PC (CHidambaram) and the current economic scenario...
anyhow.. nice post...
Vande Mataram...
May God bless all of us...with the current situation

Meera's World said...

i was thinking the same thing,if majority of the people doesnt need change,what can anybody else do? atleast after the bombay horror,i thought there might some change,but no such luck. iam not happy at the results either.
as for rajiv,he was handsome:).

Ayyappan said...

@Meera
Why not Jinnah? He did not die leaving behind a legacy of mediocre leaders who would lead us despite better options!
Indira Gandhi was an arrogant woman and she too, got the Prime Ministership on a platter! Had it not been for Kamarajar.. Indira would have almost been a non entity.
Rajiv Gandhi was charming, but nothing more than that. He was a sulking individual and was pushed into politics by an opportunistic mother who wanted to ride on the public sympathy due to her younger son's death!
Where does Gandhi come into the list!! He is still hte conscience of the nation! We have reduced him to "MG" Roads and tokenism's!
Dalai Lama once said famously, "India has magnanimously exported Gandhi to the world without keeping him for themselves!"
How true!! x_X

Meera's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meera's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meera's World said...

Gandhiji did offer Jinnah to be the first Prime Minister of undivided India. However Jinnah refused and wanted to stick with his two nation theory, which resulted in the creation of Pakistan. Now if Jinnah was such an able leader and a visionary, Pakistan wouldn’t have become a failed state as we see today. The reason for the current state of Pakistan can surely be traced back to Jinnah’s “wisdom.” I would any time live without him and his ideas. It was his wisdom that even extends today into Pakistani schools where children are being taught fabricated history with the sole purpose of instilling hate against the “Hindu India.” Today it has come to the point that the mere existence of this cooked up nation solely rests on the hatred towards India. With this I can very well say that we had better leaders than Jinnah, the ones with better vision and wisdom, the ones who were able to uplift the downtrodden masses of our nation and made them stand tall. In spite of all their failures, mediocrity, arrogance, and opportunisms, our leaders were still able to increase the quality of life ,of most of the people in India while maintaining the idea of freedom and secularism. Our leaders have created a nation that can stand tall among the world nations. Unlike its neighbor, its progress is not measured on the basis of how many terrorists are graduated from its religious schools.
As mentioned, it is true that Gandhiji had been reduced to be a token, or maybe, he just became an idol. India did magnanimously export Gandhiji to the world, but has anyone in the world ever been successful in using Gandhism for any practical purposes? The main reason is that, the ideology purported by Gandhiji did not solely belong to him, it is based on India’s Dharmic principles, Gandhiji’s “Ram Rajya” is an idea known to all in Bharath. In short, Gandhism cannot exist anywhere except in India, it can exist only where people tread the path of Dharma.
The path of Dharma is not just nonviolence; Gandhiji gave prominence to nonviolence since it suited him at that time. However, leaders like Netaji and Bhagath Singh took the path of necessary violence, the same path Arjuna had to take. In fact Gandhiji did not completely take a nonviolent stance; he approved sending 2.5 million Indian troops to fight alongside the British. He thus promoted nonviolence against the British and chose the path of violence for British independence from Germany/ Italy/Japan!!! One word from Gandhiji could have stopped that massive volunteer army and could have made them to train their guns against the British, but it is Adharmic to strike down your master when he is at his low. . .
What I’m trying to say is, Gandhiji had his part to play so did Lala Rajpat Rai, Bhagath Singh, Netaji, and millions of others who fought and died for our freedom, some were more vocal and some were the silent types who quietly followed the Dharmic path and did their duty.
So as a human being he too was not free of flows and I would place all these leaders and all those nameless people who died for this precious freedom, along with Gandhiji in the same row.
Now, we all have our own different views on everything. You expressed yours, I am expressing mine:)

Devika Jyothi said...

Sashi Tharoor won from our constituency...and I so wanted to cast that vote! :)

I support Rahul, wholeheartedly...Politics run strong and deep in my veins...I am Communist (CPI -- not Marxist)...But nationally, I strongly feel only the legacy of Congress can hold this country together...and in goodstead! :)

I read your view, so this is just about sharing mine, Meera :)

wishes,
devika

Meera's World said...

i feel,its the best thing to happen if two people can share different views in a healthy way.after all,everyone has a different point of view.as long as i dont try to force them up on another,we are fine:)
i was a strong congress supporter when i was younger,following the footsteps of parents:).but then i started liking E K NAYANAR a lot:)
I liked achuthanandadn till that episode with major sandeep came.now i have no repsect for them at all.
i like varun,better than rahul.he seems to be being pushed in to politics and would rather be happy with his girl friend(s) attending parties someother place:)but somehow i dont like the family business though.
thanks for sharing your ideas.:)pls feel free to do so,as iam not here to argue:)