Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bloggers

I used to have an old blog,where most of the things I dealt with was about cooking or travel. I got bored. After all what’s there new to cook every day ?so it died an unnatural death. Then I started this blog again. Luckily for me, I ended up with some great bloggers, Serious bloggers like Abraham Tharakan,Jacobs blogs,Murali’s musings from antique origin,GVK’s, Raji’s,Nebu’s. Some with a funny note like A Peep in to my pensive and others like,Kamini,Sunita,Jennifer,..The list goes on and on. Everyday I get some new blogs to read and it’s a whole new world out there. Going through their postings, seeing things through their mind, It’s simply the best pastime I think, I have ever had.
Then there is a blog by Devika. Unfortunately she closed comments on her blog.Her writings are wonderful. Wish I could tell her how interesting her writings are. I am enjoying this new world. For a change, rather than thinking of what to cook and find the camera to take picture, I am enjoying reading all these great blogs. I am glad GVK,had the kindness to invite me to join their group. I wouldn’t have met all these people otherwise.

15 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

After all what’s there new to cook every day?

I could not agree more!

Blogging is an expression of our thoughts, an extension of our minds, and even if nobody reads us, it is a satisfying exercise. Of course readers and comments encourage us all the more. So keep it coming.

Devika Jyothi said...

Meera, I came after a reference from Raji...and I feel so obliged to have your kind words of appreciation, :)

I am sorry, but I had to close comments..but thanks a lot for reading, and even more letting it known to me and others here :)

I will visit again, I too love reading blogs, which offers a view of the inner worlds of writers...it is definitely an enriching experience :)

i read the post just below about ghosts, interesting :)

will come again for more,

thanks, thanks again Meera :)

wishes,
devika

Meera's World said...

it is certainly a satisfying experience.i agree with you totally.

Meera's World said...

thank you devika!i fell in love with your blog after reading the 'conversations'.especialy when he was saying -your train,compartments etc will go out of the window! so funny and sounded like the talks between my husband and me !he calls me crazy and i tell him - crazy is ur - - -

iam looking forward to reading your blogs.thanks again:)

Devika Jyothi said...

i am loving this conversation already :)

"Crazy is your ---" haha..that sounds like my sister! :)

I have no much problem accepting! :)

devika

Meera's World said...

"I have known that in my life...almost 12 years of my life I have waited for a lost love...until finally he asked me to "Get married" (of course to some other)...

and even then I waited because I was not interested in marriage by then..."

From devika’s blog.
so much similarities! I was crazily in love(?)with a penpal during my teenage years ! I kept that friendship for some more years and then decided its/he is, not worth my time.
our story/present one, is good for a bollywood movie;)

sometimes i accept the 'crazy' calling,sometimes, depending on my mood,i would say that is-all of his family members,starting with his mother etc etc:)

Devika Jyothi said...

Yeah Meera, and I have often found women to more similar than different when they open out and be honest,

and I think if we are honest with our emotions, words -- the world around us would take us...if not now, atleast posthumous! :)

my husband says i could start a "Crazywood" (beating Bollywood)on my own..for the level of romantic I am!!

But sometimes I think I am realist when it comes to life..couldn't settle it, yet! :)

wishes,
devika

Meera's World said...

devika, What I have experienced is, when you open up, they act like holier and thou way! Well, sometimes they can be so hypocritical it’s sickening.
I was 100% romantic before getting married. But after getting married, to a 100% unromantic person, at first I’ve learned to adjust, then I’ve learned to live with it. And to my horror, I ‘ve also learned to enjoy being one! Never thought I would live the day to admit this,but,there is a silliness in being this way that I enjoy. He is romantic but not in the typical romantic way that we read about. And our so-called romantic times are like, talking for hours in the afternoons, or singing the songs we both like and learning new ones. And the one thing he likes the best is me sitting near him and watching tv when he takes a nap!
When people ask me if I had a love marriage or arranged, I say lust marriage, it always gets the expected reaction. some would just laugh it off and some would just stop further questions. After all, I think when we say two people are romantically involved and love each other, they are not driven by the platonic feelings! Love, arranged or any other form of marriage, ends in the same way, in the end:)
ys,i dont think anybody is 100%romantic or 100% practical.it could be 60/40 or other way:).
crazywood sounds fun:)

Devika Jyothi said...

yeah 60/40..works, i think :)

to me, it seems like when someone labels be romantic i try to act realist -- viceversa not too otem...because I think thats me at the core! :)

Lust marriage...thats new to me as a usage...but I'd often asked this to my husband...and he asks me "who said I loved you"...."i only liked your figure" and that made me pull my hair in those intial days...now i'm sort of used to it! :)


devika

Meera's World said...

hehe:)mine said he married me because of my long hair,but within a week when i tried to trim the end,the new student at the beauty parlour cut it half way up! i still remember that scene,infront of womens college,he had a good look at me and sped away!only one thing he asked-how could u!!! well,until now,it never grew back:)and he is still with me..

Devika Jyothi said...

:-))

devika

Ayyappan said...

@Meera

Hahaha..! You seem to have forgotten my name.. :P

Meera's World said...

hey i didnt forget ur name!! read ,i mentioned 'a peep in to pensive'.:)

Ayyappan said...

Hehe..! I said that you forgot my name.. not that you forgot to mention me..! My name = Ayyappan..! :D

Meera's World said...

oops:)