I’ve read about the organisation called MAD in the papers and also heard from my son that a ‘particular’ ;), girl in his school, is a volunteer in MAD. So when they were having this volunteer drive, I decided to try my chance of becoming a MAD volunteer along with my sonJ. He was happy that he was getting a free ride, but as soon as we got there he told me, now he will go alone and find his way in. Then he saw that I am also getting out of the vehicle, and asked me where I am going??? I told him, well you can go in; I can also find my way in. He asked whattttttttttt?? Are you planning on trying to be a volunteer?? I said yes and he begged- ‘Please don’t join, I will do anything, there are only college kids and a few school going kids here’! I wanted to make use of that offer in a lot of ways but for the time being I only muttered-‘you too typical teenage Brutus’ and walked away. I went there as if I don’t know who that guy walking ahead of me. When I reached I saw that everywhere I looked I saw only teenage students. So my desire to register began to waver a little and I decided to sit and watch instead. Then I saw another lady coming and one more who fitted well in to the ‘not SO college going ‘kids’ category’, who got themselves registered. So I ran back and got myself registered too. I must say it was strange sitting in a room full of chattering boxes with typical college kids’ attitude. Some of them showing off how good they are in studies, the types I hated so much when I was in college.:). But now I was able to watch them with a smile.
They gave us each a piece of folded paper with the name of a musical instrument. I was thinking what on earth that was for! Then I heard they want us to act playing the instrument in the note and find others who play similar instrument. It was funny, indeed, with almost 80 + youngsters acting up what not and finding their own group. One of them I heard was asking how to play a Cymbal! Well I found a guy who was the only one I thought playing mouth organ which was in my note. Then we both found about 5 others .We had to know the names of all the members in our group, what they are doing etc. My groups consisted of 5 B tech students, one B-com student and a stay at home mom ;).
After a few more formalities we came back home feeling good.
The result? They chose my son!! He will be teaching a group of kids who studies in Malayalam medium how to talk, write and think in English. I will be around these MAD people too, as I will be dropping him off and picking him up;),which I think is a better job as I don’t have to worry about or get tensed about anything else;_)
2 comments:
Yeah, Et tu Brutus, son!!!
I too, want to join some teaching institute... You can join some 'sane' group now..!! ;)
Can u start an 'insane' group;) ,or if you want to start 'sane' also I am okay. Something needs to be done:).I've been so out of touch with the blog world,going to start reading ASAP:)
Post a Comment