My husband took our kid to a photocopy shop for my son to take some copies of his notes. While waiting for the kid to come he noticed 4 teenage girls standing in front of his vehicle. They were whispering and talking seriously for sometime. They seemed to be talking about buying something and were discussing who should go to the store and buy it. In the end everyone pooled out some money and they decided to go together to the shop. They first walked a couple of times in front of the store and back, just to gain some confidence before going in I guess. I was so tensed listening to this worrying what could be these girls planning and conspiring to get? At last they came out from the store and came near to where he was parked and took out something from their bag. Then he saw what they were planning in to buy. It was a blow up picture of actor Vijay!!!:)
I laughed with a relief. I felt so good to know we still have girls who is growing up slowly and enjoying and doing all these silly stuff rather than maturing in to a woman from the age of 13 to 23 in a jump. Their innocence made me feel happy, it is better than them sitting in a closed room with a cell phone attached to their ears and talking nonstop. To whom who knows? What I am seeing is a loss of innocence in our kids. May be because of too much exposure to TV, net etc etc. Unfortunately we need them more for their uses rather than for their misuse.
When my son asked me how we spend our free time when there was no TVs or games , I told him once of the things I loved doing was making beautiful multi colored garlands made out of broken pieces of glass bangles. Having small containers full of broken pieces of those glass bangles in different colors made me felt like I am richer than the richest in the world. He does not understand how in the world doing that silly stuff could be fun..
I hope our kids continue to grow slowly and enjoy all these small silly things in life while they can..
1 comment:
Nice observations
Post a Comment