When we got an invitation from a family friend to go and see the republic day parade, we decided to make full use of the opportunity. Son took a week’s leave from school. This time we did not plan our trip at all. We just went to Delhi and took things from there. First we went to Chennai by train to visit a family to see the new born baby in their family. From there we went the same day in the evening flight to Delhi. The flight got delayed due to fog and instead of reaching Delhi at 9.40pm or so we reached our place by 12.15 at midnight. Obviously we didn’t get any food and decided to dig into my snack bag that I always carry on our trips. Fortunately I had a pack of butter cake from my favorite Eastern Bakery in Trivandrum with me and we all ate a piece of cake as our dinner!
Monday, February 01, 2010
Visiting Delhi
When we got an invitation from a family friend to go and see the republic day parade, we decided to make full use of the opportunity. Son took a week’s leave from school. This time we did not plan our trip at all. We just went to Delhi and took things from there. First we went to Chennai by train to visit a family to see the new born baby in their family. From there we went the same day in the evening flight to Delhi. The flight got delayed due to fog and instead of reaching Delhi at 9.40pm or so we reached our place by 12.15 at midnight. Obviously we didn’t get any food and decided to dig into my snack bag that I always carry on our trips. Fortunately I had a pack of butter cake from my favorite Eastern Bakery in Trivandrum with me and we all ate a piece of cake as our dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I see I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog! Looking forward to reading all about your visit to Delhi! Although I lived there for several years, I never got to see the Republic Day parade, something I regret very much.
hey kamini,iam trying to seacrh and read and add all my fav blogs.things got messed up and i lost a few of them. now iam adding them one by one ,once again.
Post a Comment