Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Happy Onam


Another onam is here. Tomorrow is Thiruvonam.
In the past few years ,the need to have new clothes for onam is no more in my mind. May be getting a new dress isn't as fascinating as getting a new sari, to drive four hours to buy a sari is no fun either. But luckily a friend who visited India recently came to see me and gave me two new tops which she bought from India !
I asked my brother in law what payasam he is getting for onam,he said if its semiya he wont have any! Seems like almost all the people I talked to is fed up with semiya payasam;) I love it. even if I get it every day I would love it. I am planning to make kadala payasam . Another good thing happened was getting raw mangoes to make pickle. Usually I get only half ripe mangoes at this time and the mango pickles always tasted half sweet but got lucky this time. I am also looking forward to some of the new movies they are going to show on TV, though I am fed up with watching star interviews every time there is a festival.

Wishing everyone a happy onam .

No comments: