We were on our way to my Dentist and saw a bunch of people looking over a wall of a house in the busy Vellayambalam road . I was thinking,it might be some poisonous snake and people might be looking where its hiding. Within two minutes my brother called and said, there was a murder in the city and what we saw was people looking at the spot where a goonda was being murdered,right inside the city and walkable distance from where police were standing. So it was indeed something poisonous after all! Whats happening to my city? I know its a wishful thinking,but i hope for a day when all people are going to be nice with each other and don't seek weapons to settle a score..
I've been reading in papers that the people who goes to do these killings takes drugs that makes them stay calm and not feel pain for sometime! So probably they don't even remember what they were doing afterwards! I wish there were some strong people who could control these cruelties and make the city clean . There are innocents who happens to get in the middle of these wars and get killed . There are people who says these are once in a while incidents. But does that makes it less of a problem?? I am depressed and sad at seeing the changes happening to my city gradually. There are groups of youngsters who ride their bikes at high speed at night on roads causing accidents and fear among others. I don't know if we will ever get someone capable of controlling these kinds of incidents without taking a political stand!
6 comments:
i heard it in the news,
Trivandrum is becoming more and more scary...it used to be such a peaceful city,
but now its more of goonda raj...sad state of affairs!
wishes,
devika
same feelings goes from me too devika.
Such a sad State of affairs.
I never thought i would feel scared walking around my own city at night.I dont like going for second show movies anymore.
You are right,it is a sad state of affairs..
Hi:)
Welcome to Kerala:) The scenario is as bad as ever if not worsened. We have something called QUOTATION GANGS. You pay them money and they will do anything including murder in broad day light in full public view. Normally, these people are hired by political parties to get rid of their opponents. But sometimes they are hired by others also.
As you will notice, all evils start with politicians and in India you must be knowing that many people involved in crime win elections and become ministers. So ultimately, it is the people who have to do something about it. But people in Kerala are not in the least bothered. They are the most docile people. They will not protest and take everything lying down.
You must see the long line in front of the liquor shops in the evenings. You will be shocked.
In Kerala there is hardly any industrial development, agricultural production is on the decrease and we depend on other states for our food requirement.
All our good brainy people go to other countries and excel in all fields.
Coming to Trivandrum, I saw a day light robbery in KSRTC bus stand. A bus conductor was walking from a bus with his bag containing the money collected during the trip. Suddenly a man darted from the crowd, snatched the bag from the conductor's hand and ran away. It took some time for the conductor to realize what happened. By the time he understood that his money bag was snatched in a crowded bus stand and started screaming THIEF,THIEF, the daring robber had vanished. I understand the police was alerted but they could not trace him. I saw this happening with my own eyes but I could not believe such a thing happening in broad day light. I myself took some time to register in my mind that a robbery has been committed in full view of the public. So much for the Great Trivandrum where our political bosses are sitting and making fiery speeches for the Kerala public to gulp down.
I can go on and on. But then I realize my comment has become bigger than your post.
Enjoy your holidays in Kerala. This is God's Own country. Nothing to worry. God will take care of us. Forget the police, forget the politicians, forget the goondas and forget the QUOTATION GANG :) We are all living here and enjoying ourselves. Absolutely no problem at all:)
Joseph
Your last paragraph made me laugh:)I will try to forget about all the issues and enjoy my stay:)
I have no restrictions on the length of comments on my blog.So pls be my guest:)
Post a Comment